BSG-Go! Scaling-up Baltic Sea Game support for a resilient game industry
“Resilience” and “sustainability” set the tone of the times and are the most relevant cross-cutting issues across all social and global concerns. BSG Go! builds upon the results of the predecessor projects BGI and BSGI for a crisis-proof stabilisation of the game industry which has already proven to be resilient in that it contributed to both gross national product and social well-being during the Corona crisis.
“Games” today are an effective means of imparting knowledge, but also of finding creative solutions, and in this respect an important instrument of “modern communication”. This is how the industry could take on a special responsibility and role in today’s discourse on solutions to the 17 SDG.
With BGZ as coordinator, the 13 partners from Berlin, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Lithuania, Poland and Estonia will develop evidence-based solutions for the long-term resilience of the game industry. Because the game industry, like all creative sectors, thrives on a steady supply of young talent – and unlike the big players in the game industry, they are not yet crisis-proof enough – BSG Go! will focus on the start-up ecosystem.
- investigate the strategic and technical optimisation of online and hybrid communication scenarios in times of crisis
- design and pilot various scenarios such as peer-2-peer learning, mentoring, investor relations, recruitment and skills acquisition under crisis conditions
- develop forecasting tools for the resilience of games companies
- support the development and impact of hubs and clusters
- ensure the transfer of evidence-based solutions into effective practices.
Germany, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Estonia, Lithuania, Poland
2023 – 2025
Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft Berlin HTW, Medianet berlinbrandenburg e.V.
DK: Dania Academy, The Royal Danish Academy
FI: Metropolia University of Applied Sciences
SE: Arctic Game Lab, Invest Stockholm Business Region AB, Game Habitat, East Sweden Games
EE: Tartu Science Park Foundation
LI: Public Institution Lithuanian Innovation Centre
PL: Fundacja Vitruvio
Tel: +49 (030) 809 94 113
Interreg Baltic Sea Region – European Union