Fit for BIM – Competences for Digital Construction in VET and Higher Education
The digital transformation is increasingly influencing all operational work processes and changing the way we work and learn. Also in the construction industry nothing works without digital technologies, systems and procedures.
Using the example of Digital Building, the project “Fit for BIM” shows the requirements that skilled labour will be facing due to the digitalisation, how tomorrow’s building professions will look like and how institutions of vocational and higher education can include and impart these competences in their training in practice-oriented ways.
The focus is on “Building Information Modeling” (BIM), a method for digital planning, execution and management of buildings, which is currently establishing as a standard in the EU. Nine partners from four countries are jointly developing models for the integration of digital competences into vocational and higher education and thus contribute to securing the supply of skilled labour.
- establishes a network of relevant stakeholders – local, regional, national and EU-wide,
- creates a matrix of professional competences for Digital Building,
- develops and tests learning units and learning material on the subject,
- develops a training course for teachers on how to deal with BIM in vocational education and training,
- designs a process proposal for the strengthening of permeability and the recognition of these competences,
- conducts workshops and conferences with multipliers,
- promotes the dissemination and transfer of the approaches developed within the project in the four countries and across the EU.
The Lessons Learnt from dealing with Digital Building may also be used as a blueprint for the development of practice-oriented learning applications for other digital innovations and new technologies.
Digitalisation has also a significant impact on the construction industry. Well-trained specialists are essential to improve the construction planning processes with methods such as Building Information Modelling (BIM). The BGZ project Fit for BIM has recognized this and imparts the necessary digital skills for Berlin’s labour market.Christian Rickerts, Permanent Secretary at the Senate Department for Economics, Energy and Public Enterprises
- Article "Die Zukunft ist jetzt"
- BBH article November 2017
- Newsletter Oder-Partnerschaft, 01/2019
- EU in der Praxis: Fit for BIM
Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Poland
OSZ Bau- und Holztechnik Martin-Wagner-Schule, Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft Berlin
in DK: AARHUS TECH, VIA University College, in BE: Robert-Schuman-Institut, Zentrum für Aus- und Weiterbildung des Mittelstandes VoG St. Vith, in PL: Politechnika Poznańska, Zespół Szkół Budowlanych im. Rogera Sławskiego
www.fit4bim.eu Erasmus+ Project Results Platform
Tel: +49 (030) 809 94 114
European Commission – Erasmus+